Sunday, June 8, 2014

pet peeves part 2.

And now ladies and gents, for your viewing pleasure (hopefully), I give you.....

pet peeves part 2.

  1. Loud music in the drive thru- Don't get me wrong here... I love some bass thumpin, super loud, sometimes obnoxious music. However, there is a time and a place for it. That place is not the drive thru at my bank! And while we are on the subject, your bass probably isn't that great anyway and the music your listening to is probably not any good either. So when you pull up into one of the lanes just turn the volume down for a couple minutes. I promise you can handle having some quiet time for the 3 minutes it takes me to do your transaction. Not only will I appreciate it but it will keep you from getting dirty looks from other customers who don't care to hear whatever mess of tunes you have decided to listen to today. 
  2. FILL OUT YOUR OWN SLIPS!- First of all, if you don't know your account number and all you do is write your name on the slip then I cannot be held responsible for what account that money goes in to. Example: A lady needed to put $7000 into her business payroll account so she sent in a check and a deposit slip with just her name written on it. The teller had no other information (and the customer was on her phone, please reference pet peeves part 1) so she looked up the name and found the customer that she thought was correct. The next day one of her employees comes to my window and guess what? "I'm sorry sir, this check won't clear at this time." And that's when the shit hit the fan! The woman called and wanted to know where her money was and she was furious that it was done incorrectly. The whole thing was fixed but it just proves my point that people should know their account numbers and FILL OUT THEIR OWN SLIPS. 
  3. You don't need your balance before AND after your transaction- Yes, some people actually do this. And it will even be after a deposit of $100! Your balance was $100, you deposited $100, your balance is $200. I don't mind if you ask for your balance after your transaction. I don't even mind if you want it before your transaction. But do you really need it before and after? No. You have a calculator. Just do the math. It's really not that hard. 

And this concludes this episode of "pet peeves."

7 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!

    These stories are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we never get used to any of it. No matter what my co-workers and I always look at each other and say "did that really just happen?"

      Delete
  2. The last one is so funny. I've heard people requesting their balance before and after and I wonder why? Seriously...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm gonna point to the little area where people can stand to fill out their slips and I'll say "there's a calculator right there."

      Delete
  3. What about the people that are smoking in the car with their kids? I've also seen babies (little babies) sitting in the front seat of cars? Really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Sometimes I just want to go off on these people!

      Delete
  4. Crazy! I track my accounts obsessively now that I'm trying to get out of debt so I don't really need to be told my balance before or after my transaction, I just know them. lol

    ReplyDelete