Friday, June 27, 2014

so i locked up my credit card....

"Hi, I'm SB and I have a credit card problem..."

I don't know what has been wrong with me lately but I had to give myself an intervention. They say that drug addicts and alcoholics get worse before they get better.... is it the same for credit card abusers? I'm so upset to admit this but I went a little crazy and added like $500 back onto my credit card. I felt so bad when I looked at my app the other day and I knew something had to give, so I had one of my co-workers let me into my safe deposit box and I locked up that card. No one is to let me get it out unless it is a legit emergency (and even then I hope they don't). 


One of these bad boys is keeping my card safe and unused.
But just locking it up wasn't good enough for me. I called an acquaintance of mine at the credit union where my debt consolidation loan is and I asked her to change it and basically increase it so that I could pay off the card (and since it's locked up the balance can't increase anymore). She did it for me and now my balance at the credit union is ridiculous $4535.63.

I promise I really am serious about paying off my debt but life has been getting in the way lately and it's been rough. But I am so tired of feeling bad about my debt and now I'm going at it like crazy. I adjusted my budget and knocked my envelopes down to 6 instead of 13. I got paid today, filled my envelopes and paid my bills I pay online and then I deposited $400 into my online savings account. Once I get $1000 in there I will feel like I'm on the right track and then I know I can pay off that loan with no problems (well, I hope...).

I don't really want to update my net worth at the beginning of next month like I planned on because I'm scared to see the numbers. Then again I feel like I should just so I can own up to it and move on. What do y'all think? Has anyone else ever fallen off the wagon hard before they really kick it into high gear?

1 comment:

  1. Paying off a credit card debt can be very difficult, especially once you see how much all of it adds up. There are quite a few ways you can pay it off, it's a slow process but the results are noticeable once you make it into a routine. Locking up your credit card is good for a step one. The next step is to watch what you spend your money on. Always make it a point to budget when buying necessities and pay the bills right after. Also, be sure to keep an emergency fund. I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off if you put your mind to it! Good luck! :)

    Herman Thompson @ AccountAbility Plus

    ReplyDelete