Wednesday, July 9, 2014

blogger awards... say whaaat?

So this morning I was browsing my Twitter while walking thru Wal-Mart (seriously multitasking, y'all) and I realized that Kayla over at Shoeaholic No More had mentioned something about Blogger Awards. Well being new to the game I had no idea what she was talking about so I went to her blog to check it out and while I'm standing in the checkout line at Wal-Mart, I learn about the Liebster Award. What is the Liebster Award? It's for new and upcoming bloggers with under a certain number of followers, the number of followers is kinda all over the place some say under 200 and some say under 3000 but one more says under 1000. Well, Kayla was nominated for the Liebster Award and as part of that she has to pick 5 more bloggers to nominate. Kayla answered 5 questions on her blog. And in return she has to ask 5 questions to her nominees! Kinda like a chain letter. So guess what? Kayla named me as one of her 5 blogs! Pretty cool, right?




Here are the questions that Kayla asked her bloggers (and my answers of course!)

1. Why did you start your blog?
~ When I first realized that I needed to get my debt under control I started googling "personal finance" and I found a few debt repayment blogs and I was fascinated! I would sit at work (when I wasn't busy) and go back to the very first post of each blog and read their entire journey. It started with Girl Meets Debt and then I found Kayla's blog and I would just look at each blogs blogroll and find a new one to read. I figured that starting a blog would keep me accountable. (I think that's what we all say!) So one day I decided to bite the bullet and go for it! I've had my ups and downs since I started the blog but I'm definitely glad I did it.

2. What is your favorite song and why?
~ This is a tough one so I'm going to take the easy way out. I love listening to music, and I can't pick a favorite song. But I can tell you that if it's got a good beat and catchy lyrics then I'm going to like it. Why? Because I love to dance. If I can get up and wiggle around (PS I have no rhythm) then that is a perfect song. 

3. What is your life’s passion?
~ Currently what I'm most passionate about is personal finance/paying off my debt. I'm always trying to give someone some little bit of advice that I've read somewhere if I think that it will help them out in the long run. 

4. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet and why?
~ My first instinct is to say that I would want to meet my mom's brother that died before I was born. Everyone says that we are just alike and I would like to know if that is true. But if I was to pick someone who was alive and I had the slightest possibility of maybe meeting at some point I would have to go with Ellen Degeneres. She seems like an awesome person and she is super funny. Not to mention she can dance, so we could probably have a dance off, just kidding because she would dominate.

5. Describe yourself in 3 words.
~Well obviously my first word would be "spunky," bet ya saw that coming a mile away. My next word would be "motivated." And finally I would say "organized." (Bonus word: cluttered, yeahhh, organized-clutter)

And now for my nominees:

  • The Weight of Debt- This is one of the blogs that I found while I was working one day and I must say, I'm glad that I did. Bre always has a good post and her Monday Monologues are my fave!
  • The Frugal Trial- Victoria's blog is one that I only recently started reading but I love hearing about how things are going for her in the UK.
  • brokeGIRLrich- Another blog that I've only recently started reading but her's is super cute and she's a stage manager and I have a soft spot for anything theatrical.
  • Figuring Money Out- This is a blogger who like me prefers to stay anonymous. She has posts that I really appreciate such as her blogging resources, which definitely helped me decide to start my blog (and to get my ".com" started).
  • Lisa Vs. the Loans- One more that I've only started reading recently but she posts a lot of helpful stuff, like various links to other blogs (that I then start reading and can't stop, it's like a drug y'all). 

My Questions for the new nominees:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3. If you didn't blog about money, what would you blog about?
4. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet and why?
5. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Now that you’ve been nominated, you don’t have to participate, but if you do, it’s a great way to spread the love. You can add the Liebster image to your blog – pick a button of your choosing by downloading and adding it to your post and in your sidebar if you wish. Prepare you own 5 questions (you can reuse or modify above) and let your own 5 nominees know. Link back here in your post as well, to let me know who you have selected so I can go and read. Can't wait to see how it goes, enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination! I'm glad your enjoying my ramblings AND that you've got a soft spot for the theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a theatre major in both high school and college. I don't do it much anymore but I will always have a soft spot for it. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you decided to participate. I'm going to add these blogs to my "blogs to check out" list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I broke the comments! I had been nominated in the past but you asked some questions I hadn't answered! I will answer them in the comments of my post! Thanks so much for the nomination and kind words about my blog! :)

    Link to Post: http://www.theweightofdebt.com/liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks so much for the nomination! I've been nominated before, but I think I'm going to put up another post for these questions! :)

    ReplyDelete