Here are the questions that Kayla asked her bloggers (and my answers of course!)
1. Why did you start your blog?
~ When I first realized that I needed to get my debt under control I started googling "personal finance" and I found a few debt repayment blogs and I was fascinated! I would sit at work (when I wasn't busy) and go back to the very first post of each blog and read their entire journey. It started with Girl Meets Debt and then I found Kayla's blog and I would just look at each blogs blogroll and find a new one to read. I figured that starting a blog would keep me accountable. (I think that's what we all say!) So one day I decided to bite the bullet and go for it! I've had my ups and downs since I started the blog but I'm definitely glad I did it.
2. What is your favorite song and why?
~ This is a tough one so I'm going to take the easy way out. I love listening to music, and I can't pick a favorite song. But I can tell you that if it's got a good beat and catchy lyrics then I'm going to like it. Why? Because I love to dance. If I can get up and wiggle around (PS I have no rhythm) then that is a perfect song.
3. What is your life’s passion?
~ Currently what I'm most passionate about is personal finance/paying off my debt. I'm always trying to give someone some little bit of advice that I've read somewhere if I think that it will help them out in the long run.
4. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet and why?
~ My first instinct is to say that I would want to meet my mom's brother that died before I was born. Everyone says that we are just alike and I would like to know if that is true. But if I was to pick someone who was alive and I had the slightest possibility of maybe meeting at some point I would have to go with Ellen Degeneres. She seems like an awesome person and she is super funny. Not to mention she can dance, so we could probably have a dance off, just kidding because she would dominate.
5. Describe yourself in 3 words.
~Well obviously my first word would be "spunky," bet ya saw that coming a mile away. My next word would be "motivated." And finally I would say "organized." (Bonus word: cluttered, yeahhh, organized-clutter)
And now for my nominees:
- The Weight of Debt- This is one of the blogs that I found while I was working one day and I must say, I'm glad that I did. Bre always has a good post and her Monday Monologues are my fave!
- The Frugal Trial- Victoria's blog is one that I only recently started reading but I love hearing about how things are going for her in the UK.
- brokeGIRLrich- Another blog that I've only recently started reading but her's is super cute and she's a stage manager and I have a soft spot for anything theatrical.
- Figuring Money Out- This is a blogger who like me prefers to stay anonymous. She has posts that I really appreciate such as her blogging resources, which definitely helped me decide to start my blog (and to get my ".com" started).
- Lisa Vs. the Loans- One more that I've only started reading recently but she posts a lot of helpful stuff, like various links to other blogs (that I then start reading and can't stop, it's like a drug y'all).