Monday, July 7, 2014

goals.

Obviously my main goal is to get out of debt as quick as I can, that's a given. However, I do have other goals (personal and financial) that I am working towards while paying down my debt. 

  1. Pay off my debt- I would like to have all my debt (minus my auto loan) paid off soon. I don't have a time frame on that, I just know that I want to have it done. If I said something crazy like the end of this year then I would basically be planning to throw $750 at my debt every month. Not something I think I can do. So I'll stick to working my butt off and putting all my extra money towards my debt as often as I can. 
  2. Emergency Fund- Currently my EF is sitting at $600. My goal right now is to get it to $1000 before I start working on another savings goal of mine. In all reality I should be able to have my $1000 in my EF sitting in my account earning interest by end of August (at the latest).
  3. I want to buy a house.- This is something that I tried to do earlier this year but I had too much debt to income ratio and I couldn't get financing. Once I get my emergency fund to the $1000 point then I plan on funneling my savings money into my "House Account," so that I can have money for the down payment. Ideally I want to be in a house making payments by the time I'm 25, which is in March.
  4. Career- I want to advance more quickly in my career. Now currently I am unemployed so that's the opposite of advancing but once I get back on my feet I don't want to be stuck as a teller forever. There is nothing wrong with being a teller and for 3 years I've loved it (most of the time) however, I want to be able to move up the ladder. Being a personal banker, asst. manager, loan officer, just advancement in general. 
  5. Marriage and all that mushy junk-  I want to be married and start a family. That's all there really is to that goal. Lol. 

What are some of your goals that you've either met or are working towards? Any advice?


My Pennies, My Thoughts

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of your goals! Check out Dan Miller's 48 Days to the work you love a good resource to jump start your job search. My main goal is to finish our debt repayment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thanks for the comment. And I cant wait to continue reading about your journey.

      Delete
  2. I love how you are focusing on the EF first. We had a small amount of consumer debt, and focused on that instead of the EF. It did not turn out well lol. Super smart of you! A home is in our goals, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get my savings account balance pretty high only to turn and use it on my debt which wasnt a terrible idea but I've definitely decided an EF is so important to have.

      Delete