Wednesday, July 16, 2014

mid-week check up.

So here's the thing.... my no spend week? I'm not doing bad at all. I did have to get gas on Tuesday morning but I said I was going to, so that's fine. I also need to get groceries but I'm waiting as long as I can to do that (I'll just be having protein shakes and apples for a couple meals a day...joke). As far as my goal of going to the gym, that has not happened. I feel bad for not going but by the time I get home from work I'm exhausted and I just don't want to get back in the car and head to the gym. I need to work on that. And what about de-cluttering my bathroom? So far so good! I got under the counter and got out my hot rollers (that I haven't used in years) and my foam rollers (when did I ever use those?) and put all of that into the hall with my garage sale stuff. I need to go thru my make up still, and there are two drawers left to look in but I've still got the rest of the week. 

New job.... I hate training. It's miserable. I go and sit in a room with two 19 year old boys and we read the policy and procedure manual and then we had to do these fill in the blank style worksheets and when we have "down time" we have to study the worksheets. Now that doesn't sound too terrible but I've been a teller for three years and all the regulations and everything that we are "learning" is stuff that I already know, I could teach the damn class. Today we got to run pretend transactions on computers so that was a nice change of pace! We have to take a test and make at least a 90% or else we are out of a job, so that's one more thing that I have on my mind to stress about. 

I've been stressing  thinking about the fact that I don't get paid for 2 more weeks. I went ahead and paid the rest of my phone bill with some cash I had stashed away so I feel a little better. I really don't want to have to dip into my EF to pay my auto loan and my mom said she would loan me some money but I really don't want to do that either. I'm trying to stop and tell myself, "hey girl, you can load up your emergency fund again once you are back on a normal pay schedule," but doing that makes me feel like I'm failing a little bit. 

This has not been my best post and for that I apologize. Hopefully tomorrow I can post something a little more upbeat! Hope everyone's week is going well. 

6 comments:

  1. Way to rock your no spend week! And, honestly, I think emergency funds are for exactly what you're describing! They give you some freedom to do things like change jobs and still manage your bills for a few weeks till you get paid again and stuff like that.

    Good luck with your test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided that I'm just gonna suck it up and transfer enough to pay the stuff that I have to pay which isn't much so I'm not too worried. And I'll just work hard to pay it back.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your no spend week is going well! I've decided to try my own starting today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so pumped to see how it goes!

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't be ashamed or feel bad about "borrowing" from your EF, that's why you have it! I hope all goest well for you the rest of the week. Don't stress about the test, if you truly know the rules and regs since you've been a teller for 3 years already, you should be fine on the test! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've decided to bite the bullet and take a little money out just to cover my butt and just pay back as much as I can as quick as I can.

      Delete