Thursday, July 10, 2014

update on the job front.

I got a call yesterday from a bank that I interviewed at last week and they offered me the full time "service associate" job (that's a fancy title for teller). It will actually be $0.50 less than I was making per hour but I can handle that. I start a week long training class on Monday, it will be from 10-5 which is part time so I'll be short on hours that week but it's better than nothing. 

I get my final paycheck tomorrow but one of my former co-workers texted me this morning and told me the amount that was pending in my account (perks of being a teller). I was really only expecting about $700 as it was just my 80 hours of vacation pay that they owed me but I was surprised to hear that my check was actually $970! That would be overtime that didn't go on my previous check and then some bonus pay that I was owed. That's definitely exciting. 

I've been looking over my budget spreadsheet and tweaking it where I can. I managed to decrease two sections and eliminated one while increasing one category by $5 (I eliminated my Discover card since I rolled that into my credit union loan and that upped my credit union payment just a few dollars) I'm hoping that over time I can start decreasing the amounts that I put into some of my envelopes... Probably just like my "fun money" and my "eating out" money because those are ones that aren't totally necessary. 

I'm considering starting to 52 week money challenge, even though the year is more than half over. I could throw enough money into it to catch myself up or I could start by saying that next week would be week one and so on. I guess I'll weigh my options on that and let you know what I decide to do. 

5 comments:

  1. What will you use the 52 week challenge money for? Debt payments? Fun money? Gifts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough question. But I'd probably say fun money.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the job offer! I love getting more on the checking account than expected. Good luck with your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the 52 week challenge for sure! It's really motivating to see the totals add up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will, but I'm gonna have to start in August I think. I won't get paid til the 31st and I have to make every little bit last.

      Delete