Monday, July 14, 2014

weekly plan #1

In an attempt to stay on top of my finances and just keep my life organized I am going to start posting "weekly plans," just so we are all clear these may not all be financial. If I write down my weekly goals and I have other people viewing them and giving me their input then I'm more likely to stick to the plan. Fingers crossed. 

1. No spend week- Right now it is Monday evening and I did spend some money today (I thought lunch would be provided in my training class so I didn't bring anything and it wasn't provided so I had to spend some money) so this goal is going to start tomorrow. With my new job the pay schedule is quite a bit different and I won't be getting paid until July 31st. That means I have to live on what cash I have until that day. I can tap in to my EF if I need to but I really don't want to do that. With the exception of gas (because my gas light came on today) and groceries (which hopefully I don't need until next week) I won't be spending any money this week.

2. Gym 3 days- I would like to go to the gym on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. I have gotten out of the habit of going and I really need to get back to it!

3. De-Clutter my bathroom- In an attempt to get ready to have a garage sale I want to go thru my bathroom and clean out all of my hair products, make up products and just general "knick knacks" that have accumulated in my bathroom. **Just a note, it might seem weird to sell hair products and make up products (nothing that would be considered un-hygienic) in a garage sale but that stuff goes like hot cakes.

Hopefully y'all will help me stick to my goals this week. Does anyone else make a goal list to keep them on track for the week?

8 comments:

  1. Yesss all caught up with your blog! I'm great at setting goals but not so much great with following up on them. Currently my biggest goal is the book challenge on my blog. I agree with the bathroom de-cluttering, I have a ton of stuff that needs to be purged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bookcase is currently almost bare. With the exception of my Nancy Drew books that I just can't part with everything else is on my kindle. I read about your challenge, hope its going well. Let me know if you have any book recommendations, I love finding new stuff to read!

      Delete
  2. *GASP* another Nancy lover! I've almost got the whole set! My mom and I still look for the ones we don't have at yardsales (bonus points if someone has written their name in the inside cover)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! I don't have many, probably like 5, but I still love them.

      Delete
  3. No spend weeks are definitely helpful, if for nothing else, getting you out of the habit of spending! Delaying wants is another good strategy. Usually the need for the want wears off and if it doesn't then you know its a priority on where you want to spend your money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do make a list of things I want to get done each week, it really motivates me to be able to cross things off the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see you making a list and sticking to it! I'm having a hard time but only with one of my bullet points so I'm not failing 100 percent.

      Delete