Tuesday, August 12, 2014

hustle, hustle real hard.

Side hustles.  Everyone has them.  Everyone but me.  So now I’m trying to come up with something that I can do to make some extra cash, preferably quickly but I doubt I’ll be that lucky. It seems like a lot of PF bloggers do freelance writing as a side hustle but truth be told, I don’t think I’m that good of a writer. I’ve read in dozens of places that you should do something you like/are good at so I’ve come up with a few different options…..:

Performing weddings- Bet you didn’t know I’m ordained! Haha. About 8 years ago my mom got ordained and started performing weddings. She made some serious cash! She would have people drive to the house and she would sign their papers and they would pay $50! There were lots of weddings where she would drive to do them and then she would charge $150+ depending on how far she drove. I haven’t done hardly any lately because well it’s hard with me working 8-5 because most of the couples we would get would want to come get their papers signed in the middle of the afternoon and I’m not available. I did marry a couple of my friends last weekend and they paid me $150. (which is going directly to my debt!) So I’m going to let my mom know that I’m willing to do more on the weekends and stuff if she gets any calls.

Selling on Etsy- I’ve always been really crafty for about as long as I can remember.  My mom and I would go to Michael’s craft store and buy seed beads and stretchy string and I would sit around for hours and make bracelets and necklaces all day.  My moms friends were usually amazed because I would sit still and do it for so long and I suffered from serious ADD so me being still was a “see it to believe it” kind of thing. During a pretty serious bout of depression sometime last year I spent a chunk of change at Hobby Lobby and the thrift store getting all kinds of stuff that I could decorate and bedazzle and just make pretty. I didn’t really make much progress but I still have all of the stuff and I was thinking about starting an Etsy store for what I make.

Selling purses/scentsy/AVON- I’m a natural born sales-lady.  I could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. Scentsy was really popular where I am for awhile but I don’t hear much about it anymore.  The intro package is like $100 but I think if I started selling it I could probably do a good job. I could also probably sell AVON or Mary Kay or the like but I don’t like to wear make up a lot so it would be harder to sell that. My mom recently found a line of purses that you can buy a sales package and sell them for a profit, the only downside to that is that it is SUPER expensive to buy the intro. The purses are something that my mom found out about and she said she is willing to front me the cash to do it if I would stick with it and stuff so I’m thinking about that.

So these are my current options… What does everyone think?

5 comments:

  1. Wow I love the idea of marrying people as a side hustle! My sister sold Avon for a while and now she's a stay at home mom and sells a product called Shaklee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell MK on the side in addition to my other side hustles and FT job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking into Avon and other stuff like that.

      Delete
  3. I would sell Scentsy.. I am always looking for a Scentsy sales lady! Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete