Monday, September 1, 2014

let's do this

So here we go with my September goals!

September 1.

On Saturday morning I filled up my envelopes with cash and started tracking all my spending with a new app that I downloaded. It's a pretty awesome app and so far I haven't found anything wrong with it (and I'm pretty picky so I've definitely tried to find something wrong with it).
Expense Manager
....................................................................................

One thing that I haven't discussed with everyone yet is that I got a "semi-promotion," I say semi because I didn't get a raise. That seems silly, right? But when I started my new job my starting hourly wage was more than the other tellers made. So basically I've been making the hourly wage of a banker already and just haven't been doing the job, yet. The exciting news is that this week (starting Tuesday) I will be in training for my new job title. I will be spending 4 days in a classroom learning about loans and opening accounts and all kinds of stuff. Of course I will have to take another test which won't be fun but I'm pretty pumped about it!

...................................................................................

I've decided that along with my September goals I am also going to give myself "sub-goals" to work on during the week. This week they will be relatively simple (I think, lol):

~No fast food- during my last training class I ate fast food every day. Budget killer for sure! So I'm actually going to pack a bag of snacks and stuff to take with me EVERYDAY so that I stay satisfied and don't make a trip to WhatABurger. 

~Spend time after work studying- I am really nervous about this training class that I will be taking and I am going to try my hardest to spend some time each night studying my notes and what ever materials they provide me with. 

...................................................................................

Blogs of Note:

I have recently discovered a new blog that I just love and I want to give her a little shout out so that everyone who reads my blog can run on over to hers and check her out:


8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! I've been loving yours as well! (And am still super jealous of your Braums. Go get Cane's and watch me turn green with jealousy!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had Cane's for the first time the other day. It wasn't terrible. I'll definitely tweet a pic next time!

      Delete
  2. I tested out so many budget apps, so let me know how expense manager works out for you. I just do not want to pay for an app that I wont use.

    BTW good luck on the promotion and training!!! Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love my expense manager app. And its free!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new job title! And good luck with your training :). Let us know how the new app goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new job title! I hope you get a raise to go along with it soon :)

    ReplyDelete