Wednesday, August 20, 2014

pet peeves part 4.

Do NOT walk up to me and just start blurting out your account number!- People do this like I know what they want, guess what? I have no idea what you want until you tell me! Chances are you are going to walk up to me and start saying your account number and first of all, I’m not on the right screen to pull up any information for you and just because you are telling me your account number right off the bat doesn’t mean I’m not gonna make you fill out the slips yourself. FILL OUT YOUR OWN SLIPS!

Don’t overshare- When you come to the bank please handle your financial business and then be on your merry way. I do not want to hear about the fact that your man is in jail and you had to pawn y’alls wedding rings and big screen TV to get him out. Also don’t start telling me that you’ve been drinking ALL day when it’s only 1 o’clock. I’m going to think you’re an idiot because you are drinking and driving and IT’S THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY.

Forms of identification- We have talked about this before: when I ask for your ID I am not only protecting MY job but I’m protecting YOUR money. When you come to my window and I ask for your ID please don’t make a fuss about it, that will seriously just make me hate you. Don’t tell me that you have been banking here since 1967, you know why??? I HAVEN’T BEEN ALIVE THAT LONG, LET ALONE WORKING HERE ALL THOSE YEARS! And last but not least DO NOT throw your ID at me. Seriously? Have a little respect and don’t be a jerk. I do not know EVERY SINGLE person that banks here and you throwing a hissy fit like a 3 year old is going to make me ID you every single time even if I know who you are.

I am seriously amazed at all the nonsense tellers have to put up with.

5 comments:

  1. Yessss! Haha I love these posts! Probably because I work part-time retail. We are able (but rarely do...) ask for ID when we are showing someone a large diamond ring and some people get SO offended....shut up and give me your ID while I let you play in thousands of dollars of diamonds lady....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm glad you understand my frustrations. Lol. :)

      Delete
  2. Funny, keep 'em coming ... but then I may need to rethink my part-time retirement banking career ;-) Of course, I rarely even go into the bank these days, only to sign mortgage renewal papers, so it really will be a new experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! That would be so annoying! I've never understood why people got annoyed about showing their ID for things when it's for their own protection?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about you come sit at the bank on check cashing day and you tell people that! Maybe they'll listen to you. Lol.

      Delete