Tuesday, September 2, 2014

pet peeves part 5.

And here we are ladies and gents, another round of "Things That Piss Me Off..." hahahaha. Yeah right. Just a few more bank teller pet peeves to [hopefully] provide you with a laugh on this lovely Tuesday...

Please be prepared- This is mostly for people who come to the drive thru. It irks me so bad when someone comes to one of my lanes and they 1. have no idea what they want to do 2. ask a million questions like I don't have 58 other things happening in the bank 3. sit around taking their time like there is not a line forming behind them! I am more than willing to send you a deposit slip or a pen if you need one but if you are going to need to spend more than 5 minutes asking me questions, please take a few extra moments and come in to the bank!

Please be patient- This kinda goes hand in hand with the last one... If you come to the drive thru (or the lobby) please be patient. If there are 3 other cars waiting you are not going to get helped any sooner if you drive to the other lane that just opened. We go in order of who came first and that's not going to change! Also when you come up to me after you have had to wait for someone else, that is NOT my fault. Do NOT get an attitude with me. I will travel thru that little tiny tube and I will poke you in the eye with an ink pen. Bet.

STAY OUT OF MY BUBBLE- I don't know how your bank lobby is set up but let me tell you a little bit about mine.... so you walk in and there are 3 open offices to your left. To your right is a little writing station with all the deposit slips and withdrawal slips in their respective cubby areas. Past the writing area are 2 offices (one is mine!) and then the "teller pod." The pod is a round island station with 2 computers and a cash dispenser between the computers. It is very open so that the customers could come around and stand right next to me. Or like one 3 year old girl who comes in with her grandma who likes to run around behind me and wait for the money to dispense so she can give it to her grandma. Anyway, getting off track, an older gentleman walked in one day last week and walked over to me and stood so close I could feel the hair on his arms tickling my arms. He was basically yelling in my ear and his breath smelled terrible. That being said, STAY OUT OF MY BUBBLE!! Respect other people's personal space, yall.

Okay, now I'm going to vent to you all about a co-worker of mine. I find myself thinking "she's only 20," at least 10 times a day because she gets on my nerves that often. So a few days ago she comes in to work and she tells me that her and her boyfriend talked about getting married.... (vomit).... well the hang up in the plan is that he is currently married and his first wife just "won't sign the divorce papers." Whatever you say, dear. The first wife apparently wanted a divorce so I'm not sure why she all of the sudden won't sign the papers. They live separately and don't have children so it's just real weird. Anyway my co-worker spent 30 minutes searching online what has to happen before she can marry this dude... well first, dude needs a divorce and second she apparently has to wait for 6 months before they can marry. Laws are different everywhere so now she thinks that since he was married in Tennessee things may be different. I had to listen to her talk about this until she got off work and I actually kept repeating "you're 20," to her and she got pretty irritated but I mean really, she sounded like an idiot. Of course if I was in a similar situation then I would probably be doing the same thing but I'm not and she is annoying.

Whew, thanks for listening.

7 comments:

  1. Not sure I follow when you say "If there are 3 other cars waiting you are not going to get helped any sooner if you drive to the other lane that just opened. We go in order of who came first..." Do you run back and forth between the different lanes or something? Seems to me that you would get served faster. Same idea as when they open a new grocery checkout lane. Although it's rude, the person who get's first in line there get's served first. Although the cashier could ask the second person to come forward first if she noticed they were actually before that person. But in a car, what are you gonna do, make them back up their car so you can take the person behind them next? Confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there are people in each of my 3 lanes and they have all sent kn their stuff those three are going to get helped before the person who pulled around because they didnt want to wait.

      Delete
    2. oh, I guess I don't understand the three lanes part.

      Delete
  2. Uggh I HATE when people get in my bubble! They do it all the time at the jewelry store when I'm working on a piece like their watch, some of them come right out back with me to the work table! "ummm can't you see the employees only sign?...get!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See and if I'm trying to show them something and I like invite them into my bubble thats one thing but for you to just waltz in there and breathe in my face is another.

      Delete
  3. I don't like to wait on customers at my PT job that have little kids. Kids these days are not disciplined and usually end up running wild. Once, a kid even hit me! GRR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read my timehop and it said that 5 years ago today (I worked in a nursery at the gym) apparently some child called me a bitch. Hahaha. I probably deserved it though.

      Delete