Sunday, January 4, 2015

new year, new me....blah blah blah

Well, as we all know, I haven't had a post since November. I've had a lot going on in my mind and in real life that have kept me from being around. Needless to say it hasn't been a very good time for me. I haven't kept up with my finances or my health or really anything for that matter. 

A few things that have happened since my last post:


  • My grandma was gracious enough to pay off my car loan for me. Now instead of paying that money back to the bank I am paying it back to her with no interest, which is nice. 
  • My credit card balance has gotten back up in to the $2000 region. Not a good feeling. I really need to reign that in and stop using my card like it's not big deal.
  • I got a new job. I start tomorrow and I'm both excited and nervous. I will no longer be working at a bank. I will be working in the banking department of a major payroll company. The job comes with a pay raise and several other perks that I'm looking forward to. 
  • I also got a part time job. Mostly just for something to do with my spare time so that I'm not just sitting in bed all the time like I'm so used to doing. It's at a jewelry store in the mall so there is plenty of people watching to be done, which is always fun.
 
So that is what has been going on in the world of The Spunky Banker. And now on to the "New Year, New Me...." part of my post.

photo cred: www.weknowmemes.com

I'm going to post a few of my resolutions so that they are out in the universe and hopefully they stick. 

  1. As I said earlier, I start my new job tomorrow.... My first resolution is to go into my job being positive and cheerful. This is something that I've always struggled with, I go into a new setting and allow myself to be immediately swept into office drama.... Not this time!
  2. I'm going to do the 52 week money challenge. I'm gonna add my own spin to it but I'm going to do it and I'm going to succeed.
  3. Continue working on my side hustle. I've been working on making some things to sell on etsy and I've been doing pretty well, so my final resolution is to get everything set up online and start selling. 



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! Good luck with those resolutions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see you back! Congrats on your new job. My part time job is also in a jewelry store, I've been there 5 years and I love it but it's almost time for me to say goodbye. Good luck with your modified 52 weeks plan

    ReplyDelete